VMware Cloud Community
mcalkisn
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5 Windows Server 2003 Event ID's 11 and 15

Hello everyone,

Like the subject says I have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 Box running on ESX 3.5. This box is our file server. It seems whenever there is a lot of load on it (in our case during a utitily which reindexes files and such) in the Windows event log we have numorus ID's 11 and 15. When this happens all clients are kicked off and our utility fails. Usually with a delayed write failed. I went ahead and went over to eventid.net and found that there was a MS hotfix which I downloaded and when I tried to apply it it tells me the update has already been applied. The only other thing I can think of is updating the LSI Logic Driver on the VM but I'm not 100% sure if I can just go to the LSI site and download drivers from there, or if I need to get them from somewhere on this site. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Attached is a Word doc with the error messages.

-M

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MattG
Expert
Expert

Check your /Var/logs/ on the ESX server for SCSI Reservation errors. If you have too many VMs competing for the same disk you could be having disk contention issues at the disk level.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JohnADCO
Expert
Expert

Can you describe your storage configuration some?

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried checkdisk? You have some OS level issues, and I don't think it's related to ESX / VM.

2 things you can try, reboot the box and enable autostart and autofix of checkdisk (right click on ALL the drives, click properties, and click the tools tab. Then click check disk, run check disk enabling the automatic fix, which will prompt for a restart)

Then perform a registry clean / fix also, that will fix many OS related issues. I believe those are your problems.

!http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/5441/VMW_vExpert_Q109_200px.jpg|height=50|width=100|src=http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/5441/VMW_vExpert_Q109_200px.jpg !

0 Kudos