VMware Cloud Community
pottk
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5 / AnyWhereUSB / ANZ Weblink

Greetings from the US!!

I have a VM running W2k3 on an ESX 3.5 host. I need to connect a USB security key fob from Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) via an AnywhereUSB USB-over-IP hub. We have used this exact hub on another VM with a different security key fob with no issues. It seems to been issue with ESX. We were able to get it working on a physical server with no issue. Both the ESX host and the physical server are Dell PowerEdge 1950s.

I can go into more details if anyone has any ideas.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Darren_A
Contributor
Contributor

looking at this solution for a similar problem - USB licence key for ESRI Dekho GIS solution ... will be interested in the outcome of this

Cheers

Darren

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to a more appropiate forum

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
pottk
Contributor
Contributor

The issue was resolved by using the VM console. We were accessing the server via RDP. The software (Token Administrator Utility by SafeSign Standard) would not recognize the USB security token when we connected via RDP.

We are using the AnywhereUSB/5 by Digi for both prodution and development environments of this application as well as one other license server that employs a USB security device. It works great and is very easy to install and configure.

I know it's a simple fix, but worth posting an update.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
JCS725
Contributor
Contributor

I have 3 of these Digi Anywhere USB over ethernet boxes and they work great.

The only problem I've had with them is you have to have the Digi box on the same subnet as the guest vm. Also I haven't been able to find a solution that would allow me to assign one of the USB ports to a specific server. So right now I've got 3 of those boxes each with one usb dongle connected to 3 vms.. Would be nice if you could just have one and divide up the ports.. Overall though I love these things..

0 Kudos
tata_FIDO
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody using AnywhereUSB/65 G2 on vSphere IV with Windows server 2008 SP2 32-bit?

I have problem with driver RealPortUSB Host Controller (error code 39) - bud driver is up to date

0 Kudos