VMware Cloud Community
vifreak
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore ISO file error message

I'm trying to set up a new Window 2000 Server vm using an ISO image. I used winSCP to put the ISO image in the vmimages folder. I browse to the location of the ISO file in Edit Settings of the new vm. After finding the location of the ISO file, I click OK, and I get an error message - "A file was not found."

Anyone know why this is happening. I thought maybe it was a corrupt ISO image so I recreated in the image using ISO image software, but I still get the same message.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Make sure you don't have resume enabled in your SCP client when you transfer as it will never finish the transfer (it fails on the rename bit at the end).

Dave

0 Kudos
vifreak
Contributor
Contributor

Resume is disabled in winSCP, but I still get that error.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Which version of ESX are you using and have you trying copying the ISO to a data store instead of vmimages?

0 Kudos
vifreak
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running version 3.0.2 and I've tried copying it to vmimages, and two both local datastores that I have set up.

0 Kudos
lukas_radil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, it looks like a problem with permissions. You can try it when you connect to Service Console as root and type chmod 770 <your iso file>.

0 Kudos
vifreak
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I'll check that out. But I am logged into my VI client as root.

0 Kudos
vifreak
Contributor
Contributor

Turned out to be a problem with the vm. I deleted the vm the recreated it and everything worked fine.

0 Kudos