VMware Cloud Community
claireh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Customize Clone

Hi

I have a production server that i want to clone and use as a test server. If i shut it down and chose to clone it doesnt give me any options to customize. Therefore i cant bring it online as it will have the same name and ip as the production server, Is there a way round this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ascari
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi, is your production server a vm?

you need sysprep tool installed in appropriate directory:

bye Alberto

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ascari
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi, is your production server a vm?

you need sysprep tool installed in appropriate directory:

bye Alberto

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Check out this procedures to work on your customization.

Worse case, copy NewSID 4.10 into your cloned server and you can run it everytime you want to bring another server up and just give it a different name and tcp/ip settings. Gold image should give "goldserver01" and reset all tcp/ip settings so that when you bring up a cloned server online no IP conflict or hostname.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

"The Power of Knowledge"

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
claireh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

claireh,

Assuming your cloned server will be on a different subnet, before you power it on you can edit the settings and change the network connection. Or uncheck the "Connect at power on" box at the NIC properties in VC.