VMware Cloud Community
RaymondG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Console access for user?

What is the best way to give users console access to a VM without having them download the client.

Raymond Golden VCP3, VCP4, MCSA, A+, Net+, SEC+
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EGRAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi RaymondG,

If you're not using ESXi you can provide the users with the web console URL to the virtual machines.

If that's not an option you could use VNC or even try from a Windows device; MSTSC /console.

When the VIC / vSphere client and /or web console isn't an option I generally lean toward VNC (personal preference).

-Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EGRAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi RaymondG,

If you're not using ESXi you can provide the users with the web console URL to the virtual machines.

If that's not an option you could use VNC or even try from a Windows device; MSTSC /console.

When the VIC / vSphere client and /or web console isn't an option I generally lean toward VNC (personal preference).

-Eric

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Why not use RDP or SSH access

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
RaymondG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm talking about situation where the user messes up a network config and loses network access.

0 Kudos
RaymondG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. These are helpful suggestions.

0 Kudos