VMware Cloud Community
btrotter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cisco Callmanager 6.0 on ESX 3?

I am looking to test out a Cisco Callmanager 6.0 and Unity install in our Lab environment. Because I need to set up DC's and Exchange servers as well, I was hoping to consolidate all of this on a single ESX VI3 server instead of building seperate hardware servers for each.

Has anyone done this, and if so, what challenges did you face with it?

This is not meant to be a production environment for us, so performance isnt our first concern.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MA_Husyk
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know if you gut any further right now ?

I also like to test Cisco Unified Communications 6.0 on ESX 3

0 Kudos
ubisec
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

Found this thread doing a Google search...Anyone have any responses to this?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
maguu
Contributor
Contributor

Communication Manager 6 can be installed on VMWARE ESX

You have to create a custom vmware machine (SCSI Controller must be BUSLOGIC! Harddrive should be around 40 GB) than installation should work.

The telephons register a little bit slower than on a real CM6 but for testing it's ok...

0 Kudos
Jayd0g
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any luck doing this? I cant get an install to complete successfully. I have used the BUSLOGIC SCSI controller as stated above. I have also tried selecting different versions of redhat as the guest OS as I thought it might have been a kernel issue.

Call manager 5 installs and works fine.

I have attached an image of the error message I am getting. Unfortunatley I cant get a dump of the error to USB as the vm is running on a blade.

0 Kudos
Jayd0g
Contributor
Contributor

Ah I worked it out. Call manager 6 was running the VM out of disk space on the install. But rather than tell me this it just threw up that generic error message.

So in summary - make sure you have allocated enough disk space for the Call Manager 6 install Smiley Happy

--

J

0 Kudos
marcaccini000
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, however it won't install because the installer doesnt find any devices?

0 Kudos
marcaccini000
Contributor
Contributor

Changed back to an LSI Controller for the SCSI harddrive and all is well.

0 Kudos
marcaccini000
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason my installation does not have the administrative webpage. I have installed ver 7. I can only use SSH to connect to it, or console. Where I get a linux shell prompt.

Do I need to start some service? Port 80 does not appear to be open on the guest host, only ports 22 and 8500.

What am I missing here?

0 Kudos