VMware Cloud Community
mtomczyk
Contributor
Contributor

Changing some default options for the Guests

I am not sure I am asking this in the right area but here goes. I have 2 questions about how to change some default settings when new guests are created

1) changing the default location for the Snapshot file.

2) changing the default logging level option.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Search is your friend

1. >> http://communities.vmware.com/message/731328#731328

2. The VC logging can be changed in VC - administration - "virtual center management configuration" - logging options and here you got 6 different levels.

br

Lars

If you found the information usefull please remember to use the correct or helpfull button next to the post .

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
mtomczyk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lars, I looked at the info on the swap that is what I want to do but I am wondering if there is a default setting that can be set for all guest when they are created instead of going in and editing the VMX file.

The issue for the logging I was not clear on sorry about that. What I want to change is not the virtual center logging but the logging on the guest. We disable that when we create a new vm under the Edit properties/options/general section.

The links were helpfull for changing what we have now and I will be using what was in the links to change what we have now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

hi

I agree with acr .... i don't think there is a "global setting" for this. So that is the hard way for every vm.

I don't think you can but Please take a look into this post... lots of good info on logging. >> http://communities.vmware.com/message/664276#664276

Hope that is what you where looking for

br Lars

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos