VMware Cloud Community
avasilsg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CentOS 7 customisation fails

Hello all of you,

I have a serious problem with customising CentOS 7 host and domain name. When I am trying to customise it, everything is alright, there is no error. However, when the process is complete the name is still localhost.localdomain. The problem does not occur in Ubuntu or CentOS 6.5. Please help me to find workaround or to fix that issue. Meanwhile, I am using VMWare Management API and obviously, the same issue is there.

Thanks in advance,

S

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

CentOS 7 is not yet officially supported. That said, it essentially works the same way as RHEL 7 which is already supported on 5.1u3 and 5.5u2. The workaround is described at centos7 - From vSphere 5.5 - Deploying Centos 7 from template ignores customizations - Server Fault

Thanks,

Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

CentOS 7 is not yet officially supported. That said, it essentially works the same way as RHEL 7 which is already supported on 5.1u3 and 5.5u2. The workaround is described at centos7 - From vSphere 5.5 - Deploying Centos 7 from template ignores customizations - Server Fault

Thanks,

Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
0 Kudos
avasilsg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the answer. I am gonna give a try and will let you know if I have some issues.

Cheers,

S

0 Kudos