VMware Cloud Community
Allen_Firouz
Contributor
Contributor

Capacity Planner errors

I am using Capacity Planner for a client and having a hard time connecting to several systems. There are a few Windows systems to which connection fails, because of lack of access to Registry. I have checked EVERYTHING on both systems and all seems fine. Account used is a Domain Admin AND a local admin on the box. Connections to this box fail, however.

Another issue is connection to Unix servers. I can Putty to the server and log in using the account, but Capacity Planner cannot log in using the same credentials.

HELP! I only have a few hours left at client site and the VMware Support was no help in this matter.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
acr
Champion
Champion

CP on UNIX can be a pain, you need to create accounts for CP to use.. but even then its problematic at best..

We had an issuse with two (of 50) windows 2003 servers that regardless of what we did CP simply wouldnt pick them up..

We always set expectations that you could always get the odd Server that may need excluding..

0 Kudos
Allen_Firouz
Contributor
Contributor

I found an answer. Someone a the client site had set the Remote Registry service to start with a network account!!! I reset it to start with the System account and everything was golden.

Still haven't figured out the Linux connection issues, though.

0 Kudos
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a lot to do with Unix collections. Are you using port 22 for your SSH? Also have you manually approved the connection from the collector to each UNIX system one time before data collection started?

If you have access to the CP Data Collection guide, I would read through it for all the specifics on Linux/Unix.

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos