Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_King
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've had this problem where it ended up being with the vmtools installation. The system will coordinate everything from powercyle to snapshots with the vmtools if an install is detected so a corrupt install can cause bad thingsto happen. Usually see it with linux distros though ...

After restarting the service I'd try to power cycle the box a few more times and see if it happens again. You may need to reinstall the vmtools as well in order ot fully clean out the root of the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mike_laspina
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try connecting directly to the ESX host using the VI client.

I sounds like VC has lost track of the machine state.

Usually restarting the mgmt-vmware service on the host will re-establish the correct state on VC.

http://blog.laspina.ca/ vExpert 2009
0 Kudos
francois_tiers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Your VC loose your storage connection...

You can also restart the vmware-vpxa service on the ESX Server and restart the VC

vams
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ya it's sure that your storage has been disconnected from the host and so that you can not access the vmfs volume from VC. You have to restart the mgmt vmware service or also need to check the storage configuration for the host. At the end check in the VC whether the perticular VM is configured well or not.

0 Kudos
TheVirtualNut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

if restarting the mgmt-vmware service doesnt fix it, (after you've verified that storage is connected) then try restarting the 'VirtualCenter' service on the VC server.

Nuts!

Justin_King
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've had this problem where it ended up being with the vmtools installation. The system will coordinate everything from powercyle to snapshots with the vmtools if an install is detected so a corrupt install can cause bad thingsto happen. Usually see it with linux distros though ...

After restarting the service I'd try to power cycle the box a few more times and see if it happens again. You may need to reinstall the vmtools as well in order ot fully clean out the root of the problem.

0 Kudos