VMware Cloud Community
Andre_Baettig
Contributor
Contributor

Can't run VM created with ESX3.5 on vSphere

We are trying to run a vm from a ESX 3.5 Server on a vSphere server. We copied the whole folder to the new datastore und added the VM to the inventory. The VM is starting but then rebooting all the time. What's wrong?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
awliste
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got any goofy hardware arrangements? Mismatched VMNetworks, etc? Mounted ISOs? Remember, you're moving from virtual hardware 4 to virtual hardware version 7...

General shakedown stuff first... Smiley Wink

Abe Lister

Just some guy that loves to virtualize

==============================

Ain't gonna lie. I like points. If what I'm saying is something useful to you, consider sliding me some points for it!

Integritas! Abe Lister Just some guy that loves to virtualize ============================== Ain't gonna lie. I like points. If what I'm saying is something useful to you, consider sliding me some points for it!
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

post vmware.log

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
kcollo
Contributor
Contributor

We have moved to vSphere at our tier 2 datacenter. The virtual machines that were created on ESX3.5 run fine for us in the vSphere environment. Did you do an upgrade of the servers or a completely new installation of vSphere? For us, we did a new installation of vSphere completelt whiping out the previous 3.5 installation. Our VMFSs are stored on fibre channel.

--

Kevin Goodman

Linux / SAN / Virtualization

kevin@colovirt.com

http://blog.colovirt.com

0 Kudos