VMware Cloud Community
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't mount NFS?

I've installed a CentOS (Minimal) VM, everything seems to be working fine but I can't mount an NFS volume.

1. mount arc220:/compdev /var/www

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on arc220:/compdev,

missing codepage or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try

dmesg | tail or so

I've seen this before but can't recall what it was so I'm stumped. I've made sure that portmap is running as well but am out of ideas. I usually never have to state any fs type so know it's not that either as I've been through that as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If you are trying to connect to your ESX host to the NFS Datastore - make sure the vmkernel can access the NAS device and that you have set the permissions correctly on the NFS share - no_root_squash - the vmkernel needs to have root level access to the share -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wish I could delete my own thread but if it's handy for someone else.. don't forget to install nfs-utils :).

0 Kudos
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, this didn't seem to apply to my case but I am sure it will be helpful at some point. Thanks, I'll make a note of it.

Mike

0 Kudos