VMware Cloud Community
dumbledore9
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install Adobe CS4 - Claims Vista not SP1 but I installed all updates

Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm a newbie here and can't figure out how to search the forum! After decades of homebuilt Windows machines I finally gave up after my latest machine crashed hard after 3 months, but not before it cost me $2500 to recover a backup external disk that dskchk trashed. Of course the lure of Mac has been heightened by the likes of VMWare because, at least for me, I have a small fortune invested in Windows software. My bread and butter is Adobe CS4, especially Photoshop and InDesign. So I was very disappointed after creating both 32- and a 64-bit VMs and trying to install CS4. Both attempts were aborted because the installer said I needed at least SP-1. My Windows install disk is original equipment bought the first week it came out. After each install I ran Windows update and updated both installs (and checked to make sure) to SP-1 and beyond. Is this a VMWare issue or an Adobe issue? Thanks for your help. (And how do you search this forum?)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AntonVZhbankov
Immortal
Immortal

This is certainly not VMware issue. Try to download SP1 installer from Microsoft and reinstall SP1.

---

VMware vExpert '2009

http://blog.vadmin.ru

EMCCAe, HPE ASE, MCITP: SA+VA, VCP 3/4/5, VMware vExpert XO (14 stars)
VMUG Russia Leader
http://t.me/beerpanda
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I suggest you download Windows Vista SP2 and loaded to your virtual machine and reinstall CS4 again. Its not VMware issue though, its application systems requirements only. I wouldn't suggest you use CS4 and Vista at the same time and especially in a virtual machine. Vista is known to be slow OS and CS4 is known to be graphic intensive and only works well on a high power physical machines but if you insist to load it in virtual machine, make sure you have enough RAM and tweak it to maximize performance. I would try it on Windows 7 Ultimate it works really good and performance is way faster than Vista.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
dumbledore9
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Stefan. My PC was indeed a powerhouse -- the bigger they are the harder they fall. I like your suggestion of trying it with Win 7 Ultimate. I'm assuming Fusion supports it!? Allen

0 Kudos
dumbledore9
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again Stefan. I created a Win 7 Ultimate partition and all works well. Allen

0 Kudos