VMware Cloud Community
cyw
Contributor
Contributor

COM port mapping / redirection to ThinClient from virtualised Terminal Server

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to make the following occur / methods of testing / vm 'gotchyas'.

I have a virtual Win2K3 Terminal Server hosted on a ESX 4 host that needs to map COM1 on the thin client for our EFTPOS solution to work.

This is working for our 'real' Win2K3 Terminal Server environment. Configurations in Win2K3 / TS and the client are the same in both setups (as far as I can determine) and as such I am wondering if it is in the virtual environment where the COM port mapping issue exists.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The only difference I could think of beeing the difference between the two Terminal Servers are the following

- Configuration of the RDP-Server of the Terminal Server is the COM-Port Redirection enabled in there?

- The Virtualized Terminal Sercie Configuration does not have a physical Serial Port but you might could connect one with a Serial2TCP Box

Regards

Michael Haverbeck

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
madonamonk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guise......................

I am very excited to be a part of this Forum and look forward to bringing Value to it.

Thanks for this nice information.

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2015750

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert

Have you tried an entry such as

NET USE COM1:
Client\COM1:"

Mike

0 Kudos
cyw
Contributor
Contributor

..uumm, found the issue - user error + lack of sleep. I had actually disabled the COM port mapping. I should actually read what the dialog box says eh!

God I feel stupid.:(

ps - thanks for the replies, I'll try to post an actual problem next time!

0 Kudos