VMware Cloud Community
fcapizzo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone here publish VIC with Citrix?

I'm working with some other admins on a new ESX 3 setup. Within some of those ESX 3 Servers are 32-bit Windows VMs running Citrix Presentation Server v4.5. At some point, the ESX environment is going to be firewalled from the rest of the LAN. I've been told that we will be required at that point to run the Virtual Infrastructure client from a Citrix session running within the aforementioned ESX environment.

Is anyone publishing the Virtual Infrastructure Client within Citrix? More importantly, are you doing it within a VM for the very infrastructure you need to manage?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

We are running the VIC from a Presentation server 4.0 farm as a published application without any issues at all. The Citrix server is a phyiscal box though. I don't see a problem with doing it on a VM as long as you have some type of backup plan for access if Citrix goes down.

0 Kudos
mfair
Contributor
Contributor

We are also running VIC on Citrix Servers that are in our Virtual Infrastructure. We have had no issues and VC 2.x seems to perform much better than 1.x in the Citrix environment.

Mike

0 Kudos
CiscoKid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here with both PS4.0 and PS4.5. Have some clients using it in CAE2.0 and 1.5.

0 Kudos