VMware Cloud Community
msemon1
Expert
Expert

Alarms

I am looking for a way to create a Virtual Machine alarm for a couple of Vm's or disable them from sending an alert. I have my alarms created at the Host and Cluster level for Hosts and VM's For the most part this works really well. It is simple and not overly complicated. The problem is I have a couple of VM's I want to disable the alarms for since I don't care about their performance. The Alerts for them are just annoying. Any way to enable to disable these alerts on a VM level if they are defined at the Host and Cluster level?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jayctd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am unsure if you are able to disable them after they have been set on the host level

Our configuration we setup general alarms at the top level's and apply virtual machine level alarms at the folder level... this way we can move a virtual between a "Monitored" and a "Not monitored" Folder to keep track of them.

This allows us to achive what you are looking for

##If you have found my post has answered your question or helpful please mark it as such##

##If you have found my post has answered your question or helpful please mark it as such##