VMware {code} Community
vohra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Which version of openssl and libcurl to use?

We are a member of VMware TAP alliance and thus are bundling VDDK components with our linux application. But since

our application also needs to link dynamically with openssl and libcurl (for some other reasons) I am not sure which precise version of openssl and libcurl

to use. We want to build libcurl and openssl from source, also want to know which build options should be used for the same, as we

want to bundle only one pair of openssl and libcurl libraries with our application. Any help/ideas in this direction will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

If there are any patches to the opensource libs, we will keep the patches in "Open Source" download section of VDDK downloads. Otherwise, the build options/procedure is the same as that recommended by the open source package.

I am assuming you want to build for debug/internal purposes and redistribute the ones that you get with VDDK, is that correct?

HTH,

Sudarsan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This information should be in the open source license text file bundled as part of the installation. Can you please check if that information is enough?

Thanks

Sudarsan

0 Kudos
vohra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Sudarsan

Thanks for replying. The information was helpful a lot. But I still do not know which build options to use while building

from source for (the referenced versions of) openssl and libcurl. I am using VDDK 1.1.1

regards

Gaurav Vohra

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

If there are any patches to the opensource libs, we will keep the patches in "Open Source" download section of VDDK downloads. Otherwise, the build options/procedure is the same as that recommended by the open source package.

I am assuming you want to build for debug/internal purposes and redistribute the ones that you get with VDDK, is that correct?

HTH,

Sudarsan

0 Kudos