VMware {code} Community
GreggH61
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VixMntapi_MountVolume failing due to missing driver

I'm using VixDiskLib and VixMntapi to open a VMDK. I'm able to open the disk and get the volume handle, but when I call VixMntapi_MountVolume it returns VIX_E_MNTAPI_NO_DRIVER. What driver to I need to install, and where can I find it? Is this driver something we can redistribute?

Thanks,

Gregg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Gregg,

A kernel model driver is necessary on Windows to be able to mount volumes. On Linux, the fuse kernel module is used.

When you install VDDK, the driver is automatically installed. This is a software only driver (unfortunately, you will need to write your own install utility to install the driver), it is named vstor2-mntapi10.sys - yes, you can redistribute this.

Thanks for using VDDK,

-Sudarsan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Gregg,

A kernel model driver is necessary on Windows to be able to mount volumes. On Linux, the fuse kernel module is used.

When you install VDDK, the driver is automatically installed. This is a software only driver (unfortunately, you will need to write your own install utility to install the driver), it is named vstor2-mntapi10.sys - yes, you can redistribute this.

Thanks for using VDDK,

-Sudarsan

0 Kudos
GreggH61
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

0 Kudos