VMware {code} Community
nzamudio
Contributor
Contributor

There is no more space for virtual disk?

Hello how are you, good morning, I annoy you again because I have a serious problem, is that my discs are left without spaces to see the message of the attached image, thank you very much for your help is very urgent?

Captura.PNGWhat I can do? Thank you

8 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

Kindly advise about the storage type where this VM is located ? (Local, SAN, NAS datastore)

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
nzamudio
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for responding is something very urgent for us, the VM is in an HP Proliant ML350 g6 30gb ram and the disk is small, it tells me where it is stored that it has about 20 GB left, but I have tried to change disk size and nothing, I am grateful for your help Nelson from Venezuela

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

I am asking about the datastore. it seems it is local datastore from your local disks.

please find the below options:

1. Browse your datastore, and try to clean up and delete unused files (if exist)
  2. Check the availability to add new HDD on the server. (HP ML350 G6 have 4*Bays for HDD as per the following HP Proliant ML350 G6 Quickspecs  )
  3. If option 2 is available, you have to check the RAID configured on the existing HDDs (if RAID1 you have to add pair of disks). then order the disks and add them to your server. after that increase your datastore and resize your VM's disk.

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
nzamudio
Contributor
Contributor

Captura2.PNG

0 Kudos
nzamudio
Contributor
Contributor

Grateful with your help, I am passing the disk and the machine to sata1 that has 731 gb and enable it there, so that users can work and see what we are going to do with the equipment, is that idea correct? Thank you

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Yes Correct,

Good idea to do a storage migration to a datastore with free space.

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hi

I think if you add existing VMDKs to another operational VM you can investigate your old VM's data and clean some necessary data, So after that boot the old VM and check what was really happening there. It's the fastest way you can check your problem

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please be careful with manually moving the VM to avoid data loss!

The VM has at least one active snapshot, which is why you ran out of disk space on the datastore.

Since this seems to be a stand-alone host (not managed by vCenter) your options are to either delete the VM's snapshot(s) from the vSphere Client's GUI (use the "Delete All" option), or to clone the virtual disk (including its snapshots) using command line options to a datastore with sufficient free disk space.

Do you have up-to-date backups?

André

PS: Imortant: In case the VM's virtual disk has been "Thin Provisioned", then do NOT try to delete the snapshots! In this case only option 2 (clone) may be possible.

0 Kudos