VMware {code} Community
VladimirT
Contributor
Contributor

Open multiple disks with SAN transport

Hi,

I am trying to open multiple disk belonging to same VM with advanced transport at the same time and the first disk opens just fine but all disks after would fail to open with san transport.

The error I am getting:

Cannot use advanced transport modes for 192.168.2.50/moref=1568//vmfs/volumes/4a58d473-f30ebdb8-cda9-000e0cc65ae8/WI

N2K0001/WIN2K0001.vmx-snapshot-161: Cannot create directory c:\temp\564dc525-fdc7-c9d2-52b9-a6fc4dd9c311-1568.

It looks like when I open first disk vixDiskLib creates temp directory and then all other disks would fail to open with san trasport producing this error. If I open one disk at a time and close it then all of them are fine.

But I need to open multiple disks so I can provide disk handles to VixMntapi_OpenDiskSet function.

Thanks,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fixitchris
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you running this on a single thread. Can you post some code?

VladimirT
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

I found the problem. I was creating new connections to open each disks. I am developing multithreaded read/write library where I have one thread that opens/closes disks and missed it.

Thanks,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_Gayatri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vladimir,

you can use VixDiskLib_Open() to open disks inside a VM(one call for one disk) and then use VixMntapi_OpenDiskSet().

Hope this helps.

If your query is answered, please mark as "Answered".

0 Kudos
balaga32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

We are facing the same issue. Can you please let us know the solution.

Is that the connect() to be called only once per VM, while the disks can be opened (using open() ) in parallel.

VM

Disk1 - connect(), open()

Disk2 - open()

Thanks,

Balu

0 Kudos