VMware {code} Community
Partizango
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the error "Wrong X.509 certificate format" when i'm using vixDiskLibSample

I'm trying to get information about the disk of a virtual machine using the vixDiskLibSample utility. The command looks like this:

./vixDiskLibSample -info -host vmware-vc.vsphere.local -user administrator@vsphere.local -password secret -thumb "XX:XX" -libdir /usr/lib/vmware-vix-disklib-distrib/lib64 -vm vmPath=MyDatacenter/vm/vm1-esxi1 "[MyPool] vm1-esxi1/vm1-esxi1.vmdk"

I am trying to connect to vCenter. I have rechecked the password, login, FQDN and other data several times and they are exactly correct. I also tried to solve the problem by locating the PEM certificate along the path '/usr/local/share/ca-certificates', but this did not solve the problem.

Despite the fact that I rechecked everything several times (the transmitted thumbprint is exactly correct) I keep getting this error: "cannot get thumbprint: SSL error code '151441516', exception: 'Wrong X.509 Certificate format'". Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong, maybe someone has encountered this problem?

ESXI 7.0 Update 3; VCenter 7.0.Update 3; VDDK 7.0.3.2.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
liuqingup
Contributor
Contributor

I here is also the same problem, could you tell me you there the question then is how to solve?
0 Kudos
schnitzel9876
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you find a solution for that. 

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos