Contributor
Contributor

Failed to open vmdk

Hi all,

Here is some of my environment info:

- VMWare ESXi 4.0.0, 164009

- VMWare vCenter Server 4.0.0, 162856

- GuestOS: Win2k3 Server SP2

I use VixDiskLib_Open to open a vmdk, however, I got the error code: 0x36b9(14009): VIX_E_HOST_NETWORK_CONN_REFUSED.

I was confused by this error code because there is no error returned when I called VixDiskLib_Init and VixDiskLib_Connect.

Also there is no relative document on this error code, only short description: The server refused connection.

Can anyone here give me some hint for further investigation ?? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RColbert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It has been my experience that the actual authentication between the VDDK and the host occurs at the _Open request. Prior to that, the _Init and _Connect functions are setting things up for later use.

In your _Init, did you set a port number? If you did, can you telnet from the machine running your app to the host on ports 902, 443 and the one you specified (if it wasn't 902 or 443)?

Also confirm your ESXi host isn't set in lock down mode (which only allows configuration via VirtualCenter)

MissionaryLiao
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. After testing, the real connection happens at VixDiskLib_Open, but not VixDiskLib_Connect.

For another question, I found that I can connect to Virtual-Center, but not LAN-connect with my ESXi server.

After I checked the log of vmware-mount.exe(_vmount.log_), I found that it would try to access ESXi server but not only Virtual-Center.

I check the appendix section of VDDK programming guide, I think this is because I tried to mount disk in LAN-mode.

But there is no way for vmware-mount.exe to change mount-mode.

Mission.

0 Kudos