VMware Virtual Appliances Community
VMTN_Admin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Zabbix Monitoring Solution

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/353

All-in-one 24x7 monitoring solution for applications, network and servers.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
imanc
Contributor
Contributor

By 23.06.2006. an updated appliance with productive release of Zabbix 1.1 will be published on http://www.checkit.lv. Zabbix Beta 9 was used for the appliance initially submitted.

Do not hesitate to contact us at support@checkit.lv if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
limester
Contributor
Contributor

Could not get this working with the included instructions. Any word yet on an appliance with Zabbix 1.1 stable?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
imanc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The 1.1 stable release can be downloaded here: ftp://159.148.51.195:80/

0 Kudos
mucho
Contributor
Contributor

I am having problems downloading via torrent network (no seeders).. is there a way of getting this file from other sources?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
sikosis
Contributor
Contributor

Changed the IP as per instructions on reboot ... the image gets stuck on "Starting apache."

I can ping the IP address successfully though.

Uggh ... the 2nd VM image I've downloaded that doesn't work. Kinda makes these "appliances" useless.

0 Kudos
steffen26
Contributor
Contributor

@imanc

Thank you for offering a FTP Download. The connection was fine.

I downloaded the rar file with the "no @ p@ssw0rd", however no matter what combination I use ... login is incorrect.

Please check the root password and make it available in the Readme File in written form.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
jcwilsonmd
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same issue, I ended up being able to login with username root and the password provided. (I downloaded w/ @ and it worked.)

Best Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
steffen26
Contributor
Contributor

I imagine you are on a US System with a US Keyboard, etc.

A described, THERE it should work with the "@" in the password. However I am on a European system and I can't get the "@" for the life of me.

I mean this thing is free for download and to testdrive around ... so how difficult and cryptic do you have to beon the password when it is displayed for everyone in plain text here on the website ??

0 Kudos
lightningbit
Contributor
Contributor

I followed instructions : does not work at all

then I tried to follow the more general linux instructions and help, still no go

after 1 hour trying to get it going, I'm giving up...

does anyone have less strict or easier VA for zabbix?

as a comparison : the zenoss VA was up and running in less then 25 minutes (including first discovery of the network

L.

0 Kudos
twe2002
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that the apache service doesn't come up. In order to fix this go to /etc/hosts and add your IP address with the hostname "zabbix.domain.com". So, the line in the hosts file should look like this if you set 192.168.1.100 as your IP address:

192.168.1.100 zabbix.domain.com

After that entry, apache will start, simply do a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start

\- TWE2002

0 Kudos
DaNexus
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to ask if their is a way of setting the interface from static to dhcp.

0 Kudos
ckconsulting
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having an issue with the W32 agent connecting to Zabbix.

The agent starts ok but it never reports to the Zabbix server.

Log on the XP box shows: (Cannot Connect to 192.168.9.73:10051)

Do I need to open a port on the Zabbix server?

I can ping 192.168.9.73 ok.

I can log into the Zabbix web page ok from the XP box.

Thanks

Rick

0 Kudos
Stone33338
Contributor
Contributor

Dear software publisher,

none of the link able to let us download the VM, please help!

Stone

0 Kudos