VMware Virtual Appliances Community
jcldg
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Certified vs. VMware ready

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between those two logos?

3959_3959.gif 3960_3960.gif

I have to write an article (in French) on our local newspaper and I cannot find any good and clear explanation about the meaning of these logos.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markdean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure if you still need this information, but I am researching application certification for a client and came across your post. The difference between the two is this:

VMware Ready logo identifies hardware, operating systems, and now applications that are certified and supported to run within the VMware virtualization environment. If you are running an application that is listed under the VMware Ready partner program, you will be supported both from VMware and the ISV's standpoint-the same as you would be by running on hardware on the HCL and guest OSes that are listed as supported.

The VMware Certified Virtual Appliance refers to vendors that create an appliance that runs within the environment. The virtual appliance is much like a hardware appliance i.e. a broadband router or Google search appliance but runs in the virtual space. It is complete including OS and only needs to be imported and configured. There are several I've used including vKernel and vmSight as well as some community built LAMP systems.

Mark Dean

VM Computing

Mark Dean VM Computing
jcldg
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

(And sorry for being so late to reply...)

Best regards,

Jean-Claude

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i found your post very useful. thanks!

0 Kudos