VMware Virtual Appliances Community
mblonsky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UVAC VMware 'Virtual Office Hours'

Having trouble with your UVAC submission? Want to ask some technical or design questions regarding your virtual appliance without sharing with the community?

I am just checking to see what interest level there is around '[b]Virtual Office Hours[/b]'. Several of us at VMware are willing to setup private 15 minute meetings with people who are interested. We can setup a password protected WebEX session (if necessary) and arrange to telephone you at your home or office. Please reply to this thread if this sounds like something you would like to take advantage of...

\----

Michael Blonsky

mblonsky@vmware.com

Senior Manager of Virtual Appliances and ISV Solutions

VMware, Inc.

\----

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mdawg
Contributor
Contributor

I'd be interested in this.

However, it sounds like this thread is really trying to discover the interest level in the contest in general, which, from the level of activity on these boards, doesn't seem that high.

Of course, potential participants have great incentive to wait to post their entries until just before the deadline, because of the danger of copying/forking.

0 Kudos
bac
Expert
Expert

However, it sounds like this thread is really trying

to discover the interest level in the contest in

general, which, from the level of activity on these

boards, doesn't seem that high.

Of course, potential participants have great

incentive to wait to post their entries until just

before the deadline, because of the danger of

copying/forking.

Actually, since submitting your final entry doesn't involve the forum at all (you submit via an FTP server), most participants have no incentive to post their idea to this forum until AFTER the deadline, if at all.

I think you've answered your own question as to why activity on these boards is not very high -- not surprisingly, the only people posting ideas here are people who do NOT plan to enter the competition, and the only posts by competitors have been with questions about technical issues or rules, not details of their ideas.

The purpose of this thread is what it said it was; to see whether it's worth our time to set up the "office hours". We already know how high the general interest in the competition is based on other information.

I'll warn you that if your impression is that interest is low and winning will be easy due to a small number of entries, you are in for disappointment. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have been building several "Idea's" and would love to talk to someone at VMware. I would also be interested in knowing how many people have signed up for the challenge?

Thanks

0 Kudos
kimono
Expert
Expert

Pity for corporate ownership. If I built something and won the contest, I believe the money would belong to my employer...

/kimono/
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

What, Kim, you mean you don't do all this work at home in your spare time? \*wink, wink* Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
kerwinc
Contributor
Contributor

I would definitely be interested in this.

0 Kudos
kimono
Expert
Expert

What, Kim, you mean you don't do all this work at

home in your spare time? \*wink, wink* Smiley Wink

Work, what work? What contest ?

Unfortunately though it's true. Any press coverage of the event would likely include the fact that we're a core customer.

Anyway, I don't have any brilliant ideas for it anyway. Every idea I've come up with requires commercial products.

/kimono/
0 Kudos