VMware Virtual Appliances Community
VMTN_Admin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Open Network Registrar

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/215

ONR aims to be a drop-in administration tool for BIND and DHCP, making their combined administration easier as a whole.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
marcfishman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the vm running but the username and password listed do not work. Also, clicking the SSL Login link directs the browser to https://onr.int.uovgaz.net/onr/index.php. That's easy enough to fix but, can you post the correct username and password for the web front-end? Thanks.

0 Kudos
uovgaz
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about the delay in response - the username/password is test_usr/test_pwd.

0 Kudos
marcfishman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response but you gave me the same username/password that's in the writeup on the appliance page. I've tried that and it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
uovgaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, that's odd. What messages (if any) are returned? As long as the MySQL database is running, it should be able to lookup the username/password, which I'm certain is correct.

0 Kudos
prabhakar
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations for the great work .

Smiley Happy

prabhakar

0 Kudos
ataylo13
Contributor
Contributor

I really like the idea behind this appliance. Will testing it out I have come accross two issues.

1: If I don't logout of the web interface and my desktop is rebooted... the next time I try to login onr tells me that the user is already logged in... so now I am essetially locked out. How do I clear that from the web server. I have tried rebooting the appliance, but it has the memory of an elephant:)

2: The DHCP server is not servering out IP's I copied the examples given the best I could, yet nothing. How do you recommend I trouble shoot it?

Thanks again for this appliance and keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
uovgaz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback on the appliance.

For your first question, here's a workaround (I'll have to find an easier way to recover from this/prevent this from happening in the first place).

1. Login to the virtual machine either via SSH or at the console (onr/onrpassword by default)

2. At the prompt, execute: mysql -u onruser -p onr

When prompted, enter the database password for onruser: d00DZ!!p1zz@

3. At the mysql> prompt, enter: update authentication set online = 0;

4. Try to login to the web interface.

For the second question, there's a pretty simple explanation: I did not include the DHCP server portion of the system because I did not feel what I had at the time of submission would be useful even for testing purposes.

I intend to release a more complete version that includes functionality on both the DNS and DHCP sides.

Thanks again for testing!

0 Kudos
sullimd
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I'm crazy, but when I hit the web interface, its just a black screen with ONR in the middle of the page... no place to log in.

What am I missing? I tried in Firebox and IE.

Ah, nevermind, found the /onr.

Message was edited by:

sullimd

0 Kudos
BorisKul
Contributor
Contributor

Please, need root password.

0 Kudos
JoeDiMeo
Contributor
Contributor

Once again another appliance rendered useless by by the insistance on installing bit torrent to access it. When will VMWare stop discriminating against those who do not or can not use bit torrent for performing downloads!!!

Would it be possible for VMTN to at least consider posting alternate non Bit torrent links to for those who jhave to use normal download mechanizms.

0 Kudos
uovgaz
Contributor
Contributor

You can use sudo as the onr user to gain root-level access. At this point you can set a root password yourself, or just continue to use sudo.

0 Kudos
bvdl
Contributor
Contributor

Great appliance, but downloading with BitTorrent is a pain in the *.

http download from this mirror:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/187683/ONR.zip

regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
phdonnelly
Contributor
Contributor

I can't seem to edit or delete existing entries; it just drops me to the main login page when I hit submit, and selecting apply changes does nothing. Is this functionality not complete?

0 Kudos
uovgaz
Contributor
Contributor

That functionality is not yet complete. I've been a little tied up lately finishing exams and such, and I'm hoping to get that working soon.

0 Kudos