amahfouz
Contributor
Contributor

Nice idea but the download is too big.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The size was listed incorrectly. It's actually 820MB.

0 Kudos
Low_Key
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

There is a slight "feature" that has been found in the discovery ability of Groundwork OpenSource installed on the nsmon virtual appliance.

This problem would cause discovery to report "Internal Server Error 500" rather than the results of the search.

This is documented in:</P>

http://www.groundworkopensource.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41&highlight=internalservererror+500 </P>

This can be resolved simply by logging onto the virtual appliance as root (as described in the documentation).

Then installing the libstdc++ library from your Fedora Core 4 install CDs or

download the version found here: </P>

ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/libstdc++-4.0.0-8.i386.rpm </P>

To install double click on the libstdc++ RPM icon and follow the Gnome installers prompts.

Once installed this will immediately resolve the problem and the discovery feature will work as expected. </P>

-Earl

0 Kudos
Low_Key
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The patched version that corrects the problems shown in the post above is now available from the torrent download.

This new appliance version makes some improvements to the original version including automatic launch of the Groundwork web interface on system login.

Here are some screen shots for this appliance.

Login Screen

Host Status

Host Map

-Earl

0 Kudos
sikosis
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to scan our network, but the scanner failed on every single IP address with "Internal Server Error"

I even tried to add a single host but that didn't work either ?

Also, the screen res appears to be in something weird. It's wider than 1280 but not as tall as 1024. Did you make this image on a widescreen monitor ?

0 Kudos
GaryCabral
Contributor
Contributor

I installed compat-libstdc++-33 and my network scan appears to be working correctly. Give it a try and report back.

0 Kudos
sikosis
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that ... I'll try it.

One other thing I noticed, the Virtual Machine settings for this, is set to NAT -- which meant it was never going to get on our work network. I've just changed it to Bridged and then I'll update Fedora.

For those who know nothing about Fedora ...

Access the networking:-

Open Terminal and type "system-config-network"

To update Fedora:-

Open Terminal and type "up2date"

Unfortunately, up2date didn't work -- something about a non-existant mirror. Joy ...

How did you update that library ?

Message was edited by:

sikosis

0 Kudos
sikosis
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up doing a google search for fedora and that lib, installed the RPM and now it works.

Thanks for the heads up ... maybe the person who contributed this, should update it.

0 Kudos
Konshu
Contributor
Contributor

If someone can provide me a link to this download file (non torrent) as it is now I can this package.

Message was edited by:

Konshu

0 Kudos
Konshu
Contributor
Contributor

\[bump]

Could someone please provide this for download outside of torrent?

0 Kudos
CFerge
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see a download link ANYWHERE.

0 Kudos
n0x00
Contributor
Contributor

This should be removed if there is now download.

0 Kudos