VMware Virtual Appliances Community
VMTN_Admin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mono on openSUSE

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/699

Mono on openSUSE contains some applications and development tools that will help you get started with Mono.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kierane
Contributor
Contributor

encountered an error message when opening the virtual machine with VM workstation: file not found: openSUSE 10.2.vmdk. it said the file is needed to power the machine. pls what do i do? what have i done wrong.?

thanx..

0 Kudos
ken_mono
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same error with Player 2.0. It worked with Player 1.0.4

0 Kudos
AthenaAung
Contributor
Contributor

I have aslo face with this error. But I have previous experience on running windows image in New VMWare player 2. That is we need to remove .lck file.

So I find similar solution.

Finally I found it

You need to delete openSUSE 10.2.vmsd (If you don't want to delete. change extension or move to another place)[/b]

You can also remove openSUSE 10.2-Snapshot1.vmsn (This file is related with above file)

It work!

0 Kudos
TheRaven
Contributor
Contributor

SOLUTION: Use theWorkstation Import Wizard to set-up a new virtual machine using your normal VM settings, load the SUSE-Mono VM Image, and convert.

CAUTION: Pay special attention to the your host system's file system format, like: FAT 32 and NTFS. Fat 32 caps file sizes at 2GB's and no more. NTFS caps file size at 4GB's and no more. Keep these points in mind when determining your virtual hard-drive's provisioning structure. This is why I set the VM-HDD file provisions not exceed 2GB as a standard.

NOTE: The Workstation VM Import Wizard will reformat your vm image import project to suite your file system unless you override its pr-assessed default recommendations for the VM structuring...be careful. Also notice that when you downloaded the VMWare Image of SUSE-Mono the missing file was the direct result of uncompressing the image and immediately trying to run the image "as is" without utilizing the Import Wizard...stop that! I know what is happening here. I have been there done that.

Good Luck with SUSE and Mono. Many Best wishes to you and your VMWare Workstation; may all of you become O.S. junkies like me! Robb

0 Kudos