VMware Virtual Appliances Community
glarkin
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a VMware Ready compliance analyzer?

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in uploading some appliances to the VAM, and I've been reading through the VMware Ready test matrix. My first thought while reading the matrix was "there must be an analysis tool out there to check compliance," but I haven't located one yet.

Can anyone point me to such a tool?

Thank you,

Greg Larkin

SourceHosting.net, LLC

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Not exactly a tool for measuring compliance, but it is targeted at vmware appliance distributors.

Check out VMware Studio: http://www.vmware.com/download/sdk/studio.html

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
JMills
Expert
Expert

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in uploading some appliances to the VAM, and I've been reading through the VMware Ready test matrix. My first thought while reading the matrix was "there must be an analysis tool out there to check compliance," but I haven't located one yet.

Can anyone point me to such a tool?

Thank you,

Greg Larkin

SourceHosting.net, LLC

Greg-

I wrote the second iteration of the VA test specs (what started going live July 2008) with the intention of making them capable of being machine processed at some point in the future, however for the time being the answer is "no, there is no automated compliance check tool". The HTML table output you see on the public website is generated from the master test specs.

0 Kudos