Enterprise Encryption Server (EES)

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/138

Automated OpenPGP based data encryption/decryption

0 Kudos
17 Replies
newrookie
Contributor
Contributor

cannot download this appliance. Received 404 when clicking on the bit torrent download link

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Typo in filename fixed. You should be able to download the torrent now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-jt

0 Kudos
jplonie
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any confirmation that this is actually free to use? The product seems to be an old version of http://www.intellect.co.uk/files/datasheets/MSPCL-101.pdf

There is no mention that this product is allowed to be used in the archive, if anything the included EULA in the application implies its a commercial product.

0 Kudos
uasplund
Contributor
Contributor

And the md5 for this torrent is?

/Ulf

0 Kudos
prabhakar
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations for the great work .

Smiley Happy

prabhakar

0 Kudos
such007
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see a link for the torrent. Am I just blind or has this been disabled/moved etc? I would really like to check this out please let me know.

0 Kudos
inverter
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to download this application, but I can't find a link nor a search patern in torrents. Can I get a link?

0 Kudos
dalma
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have a location do download this? Kind of a bummer this disappeared.

0 Kudos
FastEddieG
Contributor
Contributor

Someone, anyone, please provide a link for this virtual appliance Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
namedpipes
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm not the only one that can't see the link. Good. Thought I had OD'd on coffee...

0 Kudos
linx
Contributor
Contributor

So... it looks like this award winning VM has been take out for some strange reason without any comment... well, it's not funny... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
buchad
Contributor
Contributor

so where is this award winning appliance?

0 Kudos
guino
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

I cannot download this appliance, download is disable !

(Download not available)

Message was edited by:

guino

0 Kudos
fl1bbl3
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone from VMware let us know what is going on with this appliance? Has it been pulled for IPR infringement or what?

0 Kudos
fl1bbl3
Contributor
Contributor

The torrent file is still present in the directory, and it is scraping and being seeded. I would however like a definative answer from VMware as to whether this has been pulled for IPR/copyright issues before downloading/using it.

0 Kudos
vegas1baby
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy guys,

I think I know what happened here... This tool was designed with GPG during a time where Intellect (the company that now sells the PGP Command Line Management Suite) was attempting to fill the gap when PGP Corp. wasn't selling a command line version yet. It seems development took a while to get this completed with GPG. By the time it did, PGP was then officially offering a supported PGP Command Line tool. Because Intellect was/is a reseller, this meant they couldn't sell the GPG version anymore (or that it didn't make much sense to). The result -- this freebie tool based on all open source applications. I'm not sure why it's removed, but maybe because Intellect would prefer you purchase the updated version from them that also uses a commercial and supported version of PGP Command Line, as opposed to GPG. There are some really cool features in the PGP CL product that are not in GPG, but it's up to you to decide what your enterprise can live with.

0 Kudos
drewarthur
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find the "EES Quick Install document (PDF)" It states that the doc can be found in the root of the VMware zip file upload, but it is missing from the download I performed. Does anybody have this document, or know where it can be found?

Message was edited by:

drewarthur

0 Kudos