krulleke
Contributor
Contributor

The zip file is broken. so you will be downloading 200 mb of nothing

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It appears that the only person so far to comment on this VM has had problems with the zip file. I used Winzip on Max compression. I have downloaded this zip and it appears to work on my machines. This is also where it was created so it will probably not deminstrate the same problems, another computer may have. If it does not work for you please post here and tell me what it is doing.

I am currently unable to post a new zip file so you may also down load it from:

With tools

http://www.crd-dwc.com/download/vm/dsl_wtools_ver_03.zip (161 megs)

Without tools

http://www.crd-dwc.com/download/vm/cod2_server_ver.01.zip (73.1 megs)

Sorry no bit torrent here.

I want to say Thanks to those that have tried this. It means a lot.

0 Kudos
krulleke
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Dallas for pointing me to WINZIP.

I used an older version and the windows integrated unzippers. THey gave me an CRC error check.

I now used a newer unzipper and it works great.

I'm altering it to COD 1.3 with awe3beta10.

I'll try the others in a short will.

SO people download this server and use an up to date unzipper.

great work Dallas

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for checking it out again Krulleke.

If you or anyone is interested in the other servers please post here. These are what I have running so far.

Battle Field 2 and the Special Forces expansion

Call of Duty

Call of Duty United offensive

Call of Duty 2

0 Kudos
HeadEagle
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Dallas,

I have been trying for weeks to get BattleField. Where did you get your copy, so I can go have a whack at it. Links to the other games would be cool too. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

HeadEagle

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Windows and Linux Server versions are freely avalible directly from EA at the following link:

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/

The client software you have to buy, for BF2 get the deluxe edition it includes the special forces add on.

You can play on any of my servers. In BF2 it is called "300c's Place" for the non-ranked server. This is one that is running on a VMware server platform, and has been tested to 16 players and the largest maps.

For the rest of the games out there, just remember google is your friend.

Have fun.

0 Kudos
LouieB
Contributor
Contributor

I love the idea of this, I actually wish I thought of it. I am interested in all your servers. I play and serve for lans:

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: UO

Call of Duty 2

Battle Field 2

Serious Sam (also 2)

FEAR

Doom3

and many Steam games like Half life (2) and CS(S)

I am in the process of trying to download the file but it seems to be a no-go. I cant get any of it downloaded.

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Let me know what it is doing? You can download from my server, but it is on a slow connection, most people can download it in about 30 minutes. The bittorrent is probably the best from VMware's site, please let me know what you think when you get it going.

Thanks for trying it out.

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have also learned that if you plan on hosting 2 or more games on the same server you will want to run a seperate nic for each VM, that you are running.

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This VM is no longer supported through this thread or here at VMware's Web site. Please refer to www.crd-dwc.com/games/gserver.html for updates and support.

Thank you to those that tried my VM and provided feed back.

Thanks Again,

Dallas

0 Kudos
BakCompat
Contributor
Contributor

It's a shame that this VM is no longer supported here or at the author's listed address above.. For those who are still downloading it: you will indeed need WinZip to extract it. Imagine my surprise trying to extract it in linux only to discover that several files were compressed with unkown methods. So, i ended up having to download/install WinZip, extract to a new folder (uninstalling WinZip), then recompress that new folder to a new zip file using WinRAR (zip compression max) and FTPing that new zip file to my linux box.. At that point i could extract it properly.

My next challenge is getting the files off the dvd into the VM since the linux box doesn't have a dvdrom... This will depend on my work scheduling.

Thanks to the original poster for creating this VM.

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just an update, we will be offering new servers at www.300cpilot.com and as well as the originals.

We are running the following BF2 server at 208.109.85.39 please try it out.

Our newest server is BF2 server with the following mods:

Special forces

Point of existence

Reality Modd

Desert Combat

This is a HUGE download but will worth it.

Thanks for playing

Dallas

0 Kudos