VMware Virtual Appliances Community
VMTN_Admin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CMS - Joomla

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/143

Content Management System (CMS) - Simple webservices for everyone.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SamTzu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, all

I have also posted this VM to my site where you can download the latest torrent of this VApp.

http://www.mattila.eu

There will be bug updates/fixes to this one fairly often since it is a full OS + CMS system.

I noticed that there seems to be a bug in the Tiny editor.

If ordinary user tries to enter a new content it fails to save it.

I will look in to this shortly.

New versions should have the same version format v1.2.x

Please post questions to my forum.

SamTzu

0 Kudos
SamTzu
Contributor
Contributor

Found out how to bypass that bug.

Just disable the "No Editor" mambot.

That should take care of that.

Sam

0 Kudos
scottprive
Contributor
Contributor

This is good - thanks.

Pros -

ready to go..

Cons -

The readme doesn't say what version of Joomla it is. How does one find this out, which is necessary if one wishes to do the right thing and patch Joomla to the latest version.

There is clearly an urgent security update needed -- Joomla 1.0.10 fixed some SQL injection attacks. Of course, if you're just running this as a local demo (firewalled) then you're OK.

0 Kudos
SamTzu
Contributor
Contributor

If memory serves, it's 1.0.8.

You can actually see the version number from the Global Settings.

0 Kudos
scottprive
Contributor
Contributor

Wow fast reply!

Found it:

Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable \[ Sunshade ] 26-Feb-2006 05:00 UTC

1) Login as Admin

2) System

3) System Info. Couldn't be any easier, but I missed it among so many things.

Is your website down for good?

To all (benefit of new readers):

You don't NEED to upgrade from 1.08 in my opinion, if you want to run a demo on a PROTECTED network such as local PC or LAN. Hopefully people would not just take a VMWare image (or any OS install) and open it up to the outside world, without checking for updates anyways. That should be standard practice, but in the case of pre-1.10 Joomla there are some remote vulnerabilities that need fixing.

There are patches on the Joomla site to go from 1.0.8 to 1.0.10. Before upgrading, you might want to either backup your VMWare image, or the files in the content tree (plus the database). As I don't have the experience of installing from scratch, I b0rked my install the first time trying to upgrade to 1.10.

Anyways, looks good and thanks! Thanks also to VMware. I've been a VMware customer since v2 (sadly, haven't upgraded past 3). This type of sandbox software needed a standard, and I'm glad to see VMWare beat MS to the punch (I run Linux also, and so the crossplatform capability is a huge bonus).

0 Kudos
iceman2
Contributor
Contributor

Having a problem, sure it's me but, I installed ok then I have a Vigor25 login that I cannot get past. Any ideas please. Thanks.

0 Kudos
snowfresh
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to run this appliance under ESX 3.0

so far I've been unsuccesfull ...

any tips ?

Importing the disk with vmkfstools -i did not work.

thanks

regards

snow

0 Kudos
Faceman
Contributor
Contributor

Ok here is my wierd scenario. I was trying VMImporter 2.0 to import the Joomla Appliance to my ESX 3.0.1 server and converted it, BUT as a 100Gb VMDK! Documentation says its 3.6Gb. Any thoughts or ideas? I have used the importer to bring in new virtual appliances and it works fine.

0 Kudos
cricri
Contributor
Contributor

I have installed Nagios VMA and I want a know how to create new username and password (Monarch) assign to the Contacts in Nagios. The distribution is Debian , I'm more familiar with the Mandrake or Suse distribution.

Thanls

Message was edited by:

cricri

0 Kudos
2vmisgr8
Contributor
Contributor

Even Klingons use English Keyboards.

To All with issues:

\etc\sysconfig\

#nano keyboard

change "KEYTABLE="fi" to "en"

^X, Yes, Enter.

0 Kudos
rhassinger
Contributor
Contributor

This vm has issues. First is that it's >2gb file, so it will not be usable on most systems. Likely the creator made it on windows. This is despite the fact that it only uses ~600mb, so the end user must chop it down themselves. There are also networking issues, the vm runs very slowly. Not very useful. zero stars

0 Kudos
brian_hill
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Can someone help me out? Pardon me if i sound stupid, but i'm downloading the appliance and its seems to be only 26k. Prrobably because its a .zip.torrent file. How do i get the one to download and open in Windows? Thanks!

0 Kudos