VMware Virtual Appliances Community
wizzardme2000
Contributor
Contributor

Age Requirement

I just realized that I am about 8 months too young to enter this competition. Is it possible for me to continue development if I form a team with other (older) developers?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I think the development and help can come from anyone. The way I read the rules every team member must qualify individually so you either trust your teammates to share any possible award with you or submit your entry through a parent or guardian.

0 Kudos
tysonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess you can't claim the prize, but does that mean you can't make a submission?

0 Kudos
Dallas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would believe your parents could sign you up for it?

0 Kudos
JMills
Expert
Expert

In the more generalized case, I believe there are ways (in the legally binding sense) for you to have a designated trustee to speak/act on your behalf. Typically this would be a parent or legal guardian, but there may be ways for them to allow assignment of limited duties to a third-party trustee for decisions/materials directly related to a specific project.

I'll see if I can get someone more familiar with the legalese for this particular contest to weigh in.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VMware is extremely flattered that you want to be a part of our Challenge. However, it is not possible for you to form a team with other contestants if you do not qualify yourself. The rules state you must be 18 years or older to participate.

Thank you, Robert

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I am also too young to enter the competition.

Is it possible for a parent/guardian to sign a note (scanned/posted) saying that I am allowed to participate and to sign a note(scanned/posted) saying that they received any competition money I might get?

Thanks.

0 Kudos