VMware Communities
like2_143
Contributor
Contributor

The vEdge on KVM (EVE-NG) lost configuration or unable to communicate with VCO after the Shutdown/Po

I have successfully initiated the Virtual VeloCloud Edge on KVM (EVE-NG). The vEdge is provisioned to the VCO. But the edge lost configuration or is unable to communicate with VCO after Turning off or shutting down the vEdge. Power ON the vEdge, the vEdge boot is in the factory default setting. The issue is that when I turn Off the vEdge and turn On again, the vEdge boot in the default configuration needs to activate again.  I am working on a test lab on EVE-NG/PNETLAB and as we know that EVE-NG/PNETLAB are suing the KVM.

-----Cloud.init.iso or cdrom.iso---------

meta-data:
instance-id: vEdge
local-hostname: vEdge
network-interfaces:
GE3:
type: static
ipaddr: 192.168.100.111
netmask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.100.240

user-data:
#cloud-config
password: velocloud
chpasswd: { expire: False }
ssh_pwauth: True

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marcoh2019
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello @like2_143 

Could you please confirm that after the vEdge is powered on, the vEdge has internet connectivity? (try to ping 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, depending on your environment) and if so, could you please confirm if the Edge is being activated? 

If you have console/SSH access to the vEdge, please execute the following command:

•  activate.py -s <VCO URL> -i <Activation Key> 

Best Regards

MarcoHB

Marco Hernandez
Staff Technical Support Engineer
VMware SASE
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Central Standard Time
like2_143
Contributor
Contributor

@marcoh2019Thanks for your response. Yes, the Edge has internet access and is also reachable to VCO and VCF after being powered on. As I mentioned, needed to reactivate the vEdge after powered on.

Someone suggested me to disable the Cloud-init once the edge is activated but i don't know to disable it and also i am not sure this will resolve my issue.

0 Kudos