Installed vSphere Mobile Watchlist from Google Play Store. Connected to our vCenter server. Console does not work for VMs.
After launching the console, an error message reads "The console has been disconnected. Close this window and re-launch the console to reconnect".
Same behavior on different VMs. Same behavior on Galaxy Tab 4 and Galaxy Note 3. Please fix!
Also, the "Send email as HTML" setting does not work. It place the HTML code in the email but the email format is still text, not html.
Thanks for reporting your issues.
To help us troubleshoot the issues, could you provide more info about the server? e.g. ESX or vCenter, version...
If you are connecting to vCenter 5.5 & above, could you verify if Remote Console works in vSphere Web Client?
The app & vSphere web client uses the same protocol.
Most email clients don't support HTML format, which email client are you using?
Sorry to hear you are running into issues with vSphere Mobile Watchlist.
To help use assist you further, please provide info about your vSphere infrastructure, such as product & version.
If you are connecting to vSphere via VPN, make sure web socket port is not blocked:
vCenter 5.5u2 & up: ssl port 7343
vCenter 5.5 : port 7331
I too am experiencing this very same issue. No VPN, direct wifi on the same subnet to a brand new ESX 6.0 environment.
I noticed quite a few views on this issue, just under 2000. Has there been a solution?
I'm having the same issue for all VMs but I'm not using any VPN or Firewall.
VMware vcenter server appliance 126.96.36.199.0000
VMware esxi 6.0.0 (vmkernel release build 3029758)
Sorry to necro this thread, but it seems like its not a server-side issue for me.
My server is running ESXi 5.5.0 (build 1331820).
I have a vSphere 5.5.0 (build 1281650) running on Windows 7 and also have installed vSphere Mobile Watchlist version 1.5.050000 (5293701) running on Android 7.0. Both work great. No issues (one is desktop one is mobile app).
Since the new Chromebook updates allow Play Store apps to be installed, I tried vSphere Mobile Watchlist version 1.5.050000 (5293701) [same as on mobile] running on Chrome OS version 63.0.3239.86 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) with Google Play Store version 8.3.74.U-all  [PR] 173689560.
This is what fails. All devices are on the same network and subnet with no intermediary firewalls. Both Android and Chrome OS versions are connected to the same wireless access point. I can log into the client using server credentials on all 3 clients. Can see activity and even "snapshots" of what the console is currently displaying. But the console fails to connect on the Chromebook.
It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice if there was a solution.