VMware Cloud Community
rriosvmware
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Mobile Watchlist Console not working!

Installed vSphere Mobile Watchlist from Google Play Store. Connected to our vCenter server. Console does not work for VMs.

After launching the console, an error message reads "The console has been disconnected. Close this window and re-launch the console to reconnect".

Same behavior on different VMs. Same behavior on Galaxy Tab 4 and Galaxy Note 3. Please fix!

Also, the "Send email as HTML" setting does not work. It place the HTML code in the email but the email format is still text, not html.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks for reporting your issues.

To help us troubleshoot the issues, could you provide more info about the server? e.g. ESX or vCenter, version...

If you are connecting to vCenter 5.5 & above, could you verify if Remote Console works in vSphere Web Client?

The app & vSphere web client uses the same protocol.

Most email clients don't support HTML format, which email client are you using?

0 Kudos
mikerob1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry to hijack thread, but i have the same issue. Is there any solution?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry to hear you are running into issues with vSphere Mobile Watchlist.

To help use assist you further, please provide info about your vSphere infrastructure, such as product  & version.

If you are connecting to vSphere via VPN, make sure web socket port is not blocked:

vCenter 5.5u2 & up: ssl port 7343

vCenter 5.5 : port 7331

0 Kudos
mikerob1986
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, all sorted now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

for ESX, the Remote Console port is usually 902.

If you could, check the logs on your network devices, e.g. redirection...

0 Kudos
jmdearras1
Contributor
Contributor

what ports are needed for vSphere 5.1?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It is usually port 902.

0 Kudos
DanaBurns
Contributor
Contributor

I too am experiencing this very same issue. No VPN, direct wifi on the same subnet to a brand new ESX 6.0 environment.

I noticed quite a few views on this issue, just under 2000. Has there been a solution?

0 Kudos
Ma7amedmmhm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the same issue for all VMs but I'm not using any VPN or Firewall.

VMware vcenter server appliance 6.0.0.1.0000

VMware esxi 6.0.0 (vmkernel release build 3029758)

Watchlist 1.5.020000

Android 5.1.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
dselmani
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to necro this thread, but it seems like its not a server-side issue for me.

My server is running ESXi 5.5.0 (build 1331820).

I have a vSphere 5.5.0 (build 1281650) running on Windows 7 and also have installed vSphere Mobile Watchlist version 1.5.050000 (5293701) running on Android 7.0. Both work great. No issues (one is desktop one is mobile app).

Since the new Chromebook updates allow Play Store apps to be installed, I tried vSphere Mobile Watchlist version 1.5.050000 (5293701) [same as on mobile] running on Chrome OS version 63.0.3239.86 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) with Google Play Store version 8.3.74.U-all [0] [PR] 173689560.

This is what fails. All devices are on the same network and subnet with no intermediary firewalls. Both Android and Chrome OS versions are connected to the same wireless access point. I can log into the client using server credentials on all 3 clients. Can see activity and even "snapshots" of what the console is currently displaying. But the console fails to connect on the Chromebook.

It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice if there was a solution.

0 Kudos
Taylo9r
Contributor
Contributor

While this application is optimized for smartphones, it will work on tablets too UPSers.

0 Kudos