VMware Cloud Community
VMCHIS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No peer certificate

I just installed the vSphere Mobile Watchlist app on my Android phone and when I tried to connect to my vCenter 5.5 over local wifi, I get an error "No peer certificate".

Anyone have an idea what this means?

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lweitzman
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi sean,

you can by-pass the certificate check by going to the settings page (tapping the gear icon on the login page) and tapping "Trust all certificates".

once there, you can also have the app remember your user credentials to make logging in subsequent times much easier.

hope that helps,

louie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lweitzman
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi sean,

you can by-pass the certificate check by going to the settings page (tapping the gear icon on the login page) and tapping "Trust all certificates".

once there, you can also have the app remember your user credentials to make logging in subsequent times much easier.

hope that helps,

louie

0 Kudos
VMCHIS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Louie.  I did not know the gear icon was "clickable"

That worked perfectly.

Sean

0 Kudos
rfordinal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is not longer option "Trust all certificates", only "Trust on First Use" and not works

0 Kudos
Hope987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi sean,

hope that helps,

louie

Excellent tutorial and very well explained!

krogerfeedback

0 Kudos