VMware Cloud Community
Osaidaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what applications usually installed on virtual machines?

Hi

I don't have any professional experience, I'm just starting to learn about VMware products, I was wondering what type of application you usually install on a virtual machine?

In Lab environment (Hands on Lab), we just install the guest operating system and that's all, no additional applications installed on the virtual machine.

so the question is, in real world, what application i'll be installing on VM? can I install more than one application in one VM?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IT_pilot
Expert
Expert

In the VM can be installed as applications that consume little system resources, as well as loaded applications. Applications with cyclic loading can also be installed. For example, when reporting, the load increases, the virtual machine needs to add resources (vCPU, memory, disks can be transferred to a faster storage). When the load decreases, the resources are reduced. There may be clustered applications Microsoft SQL Always-on Availability Groups (AAG), Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups (DAG) and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC).

It makes no sense to run a VM that constantly consumes a lot of resources, especially if the size goes beyond NUMA.

http://it-pilot.ru
0 Kudos