VMware Cloud Community
POFIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vsphere replication 6.5 plugin missing in VCSA 6.5

Dear All,

I have successfully installed and configured the vsphere replication 6.5.0 on VCSA 6.5. But after logout and login on the vcenter vsphere replication plugin icon missing. I have tried the given below instruction but no luck till now.

• Stop the service by running this command:

service-control –-stop vsphere-client

• Clean the tomcat cache by removing all files and folders by running this command:

rm -rf /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work/*     Windows vCenter Server:         C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\WebClient\server\work

• Clear the serenity DB by running this command:

rm -rf /storage/vsphere-client/SerenityDB/serenity/*     Windows vCenter Server:         C:\programdata\vmware\vCenterServer\data\vSphere Web Client\SerenityDB\serenity

• Remove/rename the old jar file by running this command:

cd /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/pickup          mv vr-service-6.5.0.xxxxx.jar vr-service-6.5.0.xxxxx.jar.bak     Windows vCenter Server:         C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\vsphere-client\server\pickup\

• Start the vSphere Client service by running this command:

service-control –-start vsphere-client
0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have missed the re-register part. Open the VAMI Page and register the VR appliance back to the vCenter server by clicking Save and Restart the service.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi POFIT,

You have mentioned that vcenter is VCSA and mentioned steps are for windows server vcenter not for VCSA.

Okay, anyways - try to restart all the vcenter services from shell and check... If not,

Re-register the vCenter server from vSphere Replication VAMI?

Find the step-by-step configuration from this link and go to stage2, How to Deploy, Install and Configure vSphere Replication 6.5.1 – HyperVMwareCloud

If issue persists after re-register as mentioned above, remove the existing extension and re-register again:

How to delete or unregister vSphere Replication extension or plugin from vCenter Server MOB – HyperV...

or try the steps from this KB article: VMware Knowledge Base

please let us know, which one was helpful.

Regards,

Raj

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos