VMware Cloud Community
alatariel
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere client and web client show different inventory objects

hi everyone, im using vsphere 5.5 , with vmware vcenter appliance, database and sso embedded

im working this days in give permission to perform certain operations to some users in a active directory's group.

im having issues testing permission, when i delete a user from the group that have the permission, if the user acess the web client the permission is deleted, but if i access by vmware vsphere client, (the old thick client) the permission stays for ever!

the only way to "refresh" the permission in the thick client, is to restart the vcenter service.

the curious thing is, if i add a single active directory user permission directly in the resource pool, and then delete the user permission, it perfectly reflected in both web and thick client.

any idea is welcome.

thank you and sorry my english.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, I have noticed a similar issue very long time back with vCSA 5.5 on one of older builds, for the permanent fix, I had to update the appliances to latest build released after removing vCSA from AD authentication.

Could you un-join the vCSA from AD, reboot appliance and join it back to AD again I am not certain it may resolve the issue.

Thanks

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
alatariel
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your answer!! i'll try it and tell you later. thank you

0 Kudos