VMware Cloud Community
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vmware-sps

Can any body please let me know, how install and configure the vmware-sps service.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

vmware-sps service is by default present in a conventional vCenter installation. Can you elaborate as to what exactly you are looking for?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What is the version of vcenter, you cannot install the sps service alone.. It is bundled with vcenter, you have to reinstall complete vcenter. Please let us know if you are facing issues with sps which we can try to help.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for you replies,

trying to configure the initial steps, after unmasking the "vmware-sps".  The status of the service showing

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file of directory)

Active: inactive (dead)

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter vesrion 6.5u1

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is it windows vcenter or appliance.. am guessing its appliance as you are using unmask?

If it is appliance, please share the output of service-control --status --all

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running:

applmgmt lwsmd pschealth vmafdd vmcad vmdird vmdnsd vmonapi vmware-cis-license vmware-cm vmware-content-library vmware-eam vmware-perfcharts vmware-psc-client vmware-rhttpproxy vmware-sca vmware-sps vmware-statsmonitor vmware-sts-idmd vmware-stsd vmware-updatemgr vmware-vapi-endpoint vmware-vmon vmware-vpostgres vmware-vpxd vmware-vpxd-svcs vmware-vsan-health vmware-vsm vsphere-client vsphere-ui

Stopped:

vmcam vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-rbd-watchdog vmware-vcha

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I see vmware-sps is running fine.. Are you facing any issues with vmware-sps?

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your inputs.

before unmaking the service.  service status shown as running, at the same tried to restart the service its stated masked, where its unmasked able to start the service.

In the other vCenter even the service still masked service status showing running by using the command service-control --status vmware-sps.

while doing #systemctl status vmware-sps out put is below.

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Active: Inactive (dead)

could you please let me know, why the service Inactive (dead) or provide me any references (websites) will go through it and will come back to you.

while #systemctl list-unit-files | grep vmware  with this command

the service vmware-sps is showing as "enabled", others status is "enabled" (ex: vmon, firewall etc.)

could you please provide me some inputs for better understanding.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos