VMware Cloud Community
jeraisel
Contributor
Contributor

vmrc opens new tab on firefox or chrome

Hi

When I open a console in Vsphere web client 6.5 it opens a new tab and after opens a new vmrc window.

How do I prevent the new tab to be opened (both in firefox and chrome) and only open vmrc?

Best regards

Jorge

3 Replies
HorizonNewStart
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and it's really, *really* annoying. On a farm with dozens of machines to manage it's not "fun" to have 30 blank tabs open. Can someone please reply.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@jeraisel 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ashleyw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know this is a very old post - but this has been bugging me for as long as I can remember and I spent some time debugging tonight.

As at 17th March 2022, the blank tab behavior only occurs in Firefox - it does not occur in Chrome.

the solution is here; https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1190923

about:config then browser.link.open_newwindow and then change the value from 3 to 1

What we also noticed was that the same blank tab behavior only occurs in console screens triggered form the vCentre UI (even in the latest 7.0 u3c version) but it doesn't occur when you connect to an individual host.

So my conclusion is that the issue is with the html5 to call the console in vCentre and that needs to be fixed by VMware to work in the same way as an individual host to avoid users form having to change the browser.link.open_newwindow parameter.

If there is anyone reading this with any influence over the vCentre development team, then please ask them nicely to fix this in the next patch release of vCentre 😉

regards

Ashley