VMware Cloud Community
Contributor
Contributor

vm machine frozen

Hello VM experts,

I have a strange issue that there is a VM machine  (Winserver2012R2) running on EXSI 6.5 for more than 3 years no issue.

Yesterday this server went stuck and cannot login, from performance monitor, CPU and Network is a line (not 0 but very low and almost straight). I checked esxtop result during stuck, nothing unnormal. And after I restart the server everything back, by checking the EventLog, there are nothing record during the stuck time, looks everything frozen at that time.

411129362_0-1636078212362.png

Since this thing never happen before I thought it was isolated yesterday, but unfortunately it happens again this morning, same situation, everything frozen again.  

All other VM machines running well on the host, should not a hardware issue, any ideas on it?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for vSphere, the {code} area is only for SDK/API matters, a moderator should be along to move your thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody have any idea on this?

This situation happened again this weekend..

help...

411129362_0-1637543693203.png

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hello, hope you are doing well:

I have a few questions that might help address this issue:

- Are there any tasks running at the time the VM is Frozen (for example, a backup or an anti virus scan)?
- Did you check for resource contention? (For example, CPU Ready, Co-Stop or CPU Wait)? you can see that in the advanced performance charts.
- Have you made any changes on the server? (Application changes, OS updates, patching, or anything similar)
- Did you check for any Storage latency?

0 Kudos