VMware Cloud Community
Vusal_Karimov
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter server 6.7

Hello. My name is Vusal Karimov. I am a system engineer. I have one problem about vcenter server. We use vcsa 6.7.0.54000 (vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller) which is build version 20540798. When we import ovf or ova through the vcsa we encounter with problem. Error is "Failed to deploy OVF package". However we can deploy  ovf or ova through the esxi host.   I always use FQDN to access vCenter.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Brisk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're getting and some more details? Please also consider upgrading your environment to vSphere 7 or 8. vSphere 6.7 is no longer in support since October last year.

maksym007
Expert
Expert

I recommend to check following article: 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2105932 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which OVA or OVF? Where did they come from? Tried using OVFTOOL?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey @Vusal_Karimov 

Few steps to check: 

• Check Network and DNS Settings: Since you're using the FQDN to access vCenter, ensure that your vCSA has proper DNS resolution configured. Make sure the DNS settings are correct and that the FQDN is resolving to the correct IP address.
  • Storage and Resource Availability: Ensure that there is enough storage and resources available on the vCenter Server and the ESXi host to accommodate the OVF/OVA deployment.
  • Review OVF/OVA Files: Verify that the OVF/OVA files are not corrupted and are compatible with the version of vCSA you are using.
  • Check OVF/OVA Size: If the OVF/OVA is very large, it could be causing timeout issues during the deployment process. Try deploying a smaller OVF/OVA package to see if the issue persists.
  • vCSA Deployment Size: Verify that the vCSA deployment size is appropriate for your environment. If the vCSA is running out of resources, it might affect its ability to deploy OVF/OVA packages
  • Check Logs: Examine the logs on the vCSA for any error messages or details about why the OVF deployment is failing. The vCenter Server logs might provide more insight into the issue.
  • Try Different Browsers: Sometimes, browser-related issues can cause problems. Try using different browsers to see if the behavior is consistent across them.

Visit my blog:AngrySysOps.com
YT: AngryAdminYoutube
Visit my:Xwitter

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks
0 Kudos
Vusal_Karimov
Contributor
Contributor

I always use FQDN when connect to VCSA. In VCSA I check the "/ETC/hostname" and /ETC/hosts file and this file is correct (vcsa.example.com). A few month ago i rename my VCSA using VAMI interface (fqdn:5480). When I deploy OVF from VCSA it is not works, when I deploy from direct ESXI host it is works. ERROR is  "Failed to deploy OVF package". I have enough permission in VCSA (administrator).

0 Kudos
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you check the VCSA logs for any error messages that might provide more specific details about the problem? You can access logs through SSH or the VAMI interface.

Visit my blog:AngrySysOps.com
YT: AngryAdminYoutube
Visit my:Xwitter

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks
0 Kudos
Vusal_Karimov
Contributor
Contributor

In VAMI interface I can not find logs tab. If I connect through ssh to vcenter, which log file I can look, when I deploy ovf file.  2 month ago I rename vcenter name.I think after that we have this problem. But I can check /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts file, these files are correct. I we use FQDN to connect to vcenter

0 Kudos
battybishop
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you have custom SSL certs on your VCSA and if so did you regenerate them after renaming your VCSA?

0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

do  you have vSAN?

0 Kudos
Vusal_Karimov
Contributor
Contributor

no, we didn't. 

0 Kudos
Vusal_Karimov
Contributor
Contributor

no, we don't

0 Kudos
VRO123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your vCenter running behind the Proxy? Can u try disabling the proxy in VAMI? 

Regards,
vRO123
0 Kudos