VMware Cloud Community
JJCallaghan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere / vCenter Version & VM Encryption.

Hi All

I've stood up a DEll Cloudlink KMS and I've added the KMS to the vCenter - all trusted & green tick boxes...

I'm unable to edit the VM Storage Policy to an Encryption Policy as I'm told my license does not include vSphere VM Encryption.

My bad - I guess I need to move from vSphere Standard Edition to Essentials Plus - but before I do that, I wanted to bounce the idea off some of you guys.

Am I on the right track? Is this what is needed?

The reason I'm unsure is that the upgrade sales page (VMware Europe Official Online Store - Upgrade to vSphere Editions​ is that this page does not mention the encryption capability in the features list. Can someone just verfiy / clarify this for me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Looks like you need Enterprise Plus or above for VM Encryption: (page 5 or 😎 https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-vs...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Looks like you need Enterprise Plus or above for VM Encryption: (page 5 or 😎 https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-vs...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JJCallaghan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thought as much - thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos