VMware Cloud Community
ekarazhov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere not accssesible

Hello to all, i am new to VmWare and i am hoping some one can share a light on my issue. I have set up a home lab. 1 esxi server, on that server 1 domain controller and vcenter installed. everything is on the same home network. From my laptop that is not joined to the domain i can ping esxi, dc and vcenter. I have created DNS records for vcenter. Here is the issue that i am facing. From my DC i can hit vcenter website and lunch vsphere web client. From my none domain computer, i can access vcenter site, but when i click on "lunch vsphere html5" i get "we can't connect to the server" I am a bit puzzled as to why i can only access it from my DC. I have tried different browsers on my none domain computer with the same results. on my DC i can use both IE and Chrome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
firefoxchris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @ekarazhov - When you click on the blue 'Launch' button, what does the URL in the address bar change from/to? It sounds like it may be launching using an address/domain name your non-domain computer cannot resolve using DNS. It probably works on your DC because it has itself set as the DNS server, whereas your laptop doesnt.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
firefoxchris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @ekarazhov - When you click on the blue 'Launch' button, what does the URL in the address bar change from/to? It sounds like it may be launching using an address/domain name your non-domain computer cannot resolve using DNS. It probably works on your DC because it has itself set as the DNS server, whereas your laptop doesnt.

0 Kudos