VMware Cloud Community
cisprof
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client 6.0 -- Repeated keystrokes

I know this question has been asked multiple times, but is there a way to stop the repeated keystrokes in the web client? I have tried setting the keyboard.typematicMinDelay to 50000, 2000000, and 5000000, but nothing seems to work. I know there's a lot of frustration surrounding this; I'm just hoping someone has a solution that works.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Unfortunately, if you're not using VMRC, there's limited control over this. The web browser console is not intended to be used as a permanent method of accessing a VM, it's more just of a temporary convenience. For regular access to a VM's console, it's recommended you use VMRC.

0 Kudos
mveras1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The solution for me was to use VMRC as well. the keystroke parameter is the wrong suggestion as it only changes the amount of time it takes to send repeated keystrokes after you hold down a key. That is irrelevant to this problem.

The problem users are experiencing is not when holding a key. It usually happens when typing fast into the guest OS. When typing slowly you rarely get double keystrokes.

0 Kudos