VMware Cloud Community
mqzd23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Update Manager gone after vCenter update

I recently updated vCenter from 6.5 to 6.7.0.4 which we run on a physical Windows Server 2012 machine. After the update, the vSphere Update Manager seemed to be gone, I couldn't find an update tab anywhere. Fine, I probably need to update that too so I just updated vSphere Update Manager with the vCenter Server 6.7 media. The update went well and the installer detected a previous version which it updated. After the update was done, I checked in the vSphere web client for the update manager but it still couldn't be found anywhere. I also rebooted the server but still no luck either. Where can I find the vSphere Update Manager?

edit: I found this screenshot from another thread by Googling, it's not here either:

https://www.vladan.fr/wp-content/uploads/images/VMware-vSphere-Update-Manager.jpg

(so 'Update Manager' is not visible in my installation)

edit:

Are you kidding me......flash again :smileyangry::smileyangry::smileyangry:. Apparently it's not supported in the html5 client.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mqzd23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok so how do I login on vSphere 6.7 with flash? If I request my vCenter server in a browser only the following clients are available:

pastedImage_0.png

edit: ah nvm it's the deprecated one. Any eta on update manager being available on the html5 client?

0 Kudos
nikol
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos