VMware Cloud Community
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication halts ESXi

Hi,

I have vSphere Replication 8.1.1. It is installed in ESXi 6.0. I make backup from Windows OS VM in ESXi 6.7. When VM is configured to use virtual flash read cache and I start Replication sync, then this ESXi 6.7 crashes with memory dump in console window of ESXi 6.7 and shows exceptionn 14. When I disable virtual flash (set it to 0), and start Replication sync, then it replicates correctly. Is really virtual flash read cache incompatible with vSphere Replication? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no specific recommendation since it officially does support vFRC. See the administration guide (p21).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To my knowledge vFRC is not incompatible with vR.

0 Kudos
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

But the problem is with only one VM. I have also other VMs with vFRC enabled and no problem with replication. Is there some official suggestion drom VMWare - do I need to disable vFRC in VM while vReplication or its allowed?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you're getting a crash with one and not the other VM and both are vFRC enabled and both are being replicated, I'd recommend opening a SR with VMware GSS and supplying logs to get to the bottom of it, because that shouldn't happen.

0 Kudos
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

But what VMWare recommends? Enable or disable vFRC with vReplication?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no specific recommendation since it officially does support vFRC. See the administration guide (p21).

0 Kudos