VMware Cloud Community
dmgeurts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere - Quickstart - Incompatible network configuration

I had my dual server vSAN cluster running, but had to juggle (kinda rebuild) it to get EVC enabled. And now completing the cluster configuration is giving me grief. The current state is that Quickstart has configured one of the two servers, but is refusing to configure the second. The error I get is the following:

"Some of newly added hosts to the cluster contain a network configuration that is incompatible with the network configuration of the cluster.

Physical adapters of host esx02.mgmt.domain.com on Distributed Switch vDS_20G does not match the input."

I've read somewhere that removing one of the redundant links on the vDS can help. I've done this in turn for both vmnics and no dice. How on earth do I get this working, where would you start digging to get to the root cause? As far as I can tell the configuration, apart from the vmnic numbering, is identical between the two nodes.

• vSphere 7.0.2. and vWitner both on a 3rd node in the datacenter but not part of the cluster in question
  • Cluster nodes: 2 HPE servers
    • DL380p gen8 - vmnic0 & 1
    • DL380 gen9 - vmnic4 & 5
  • vSAN is configured and working.
  • LACP (LAGG) - 2x 10GE for VMs, vMotion and vSAN.
  • LACP (LAGG) - 2x 1GE for management.
Labels (3)
1 Reply
dmgeurts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos